Stortz Slate Ripper – 84-A Durable Model
The Stortz Slate Ripper is the #1 choice for any roofing professional or homeowner in need of removing slate/shingles. Superior strength and durability, while maintaining a flexible spring shaft makes this the optimum ripper on the market for decades
- A one piece forging provides years of use and is superior to a welded construction ripper
- A spring tempered, thin blade makes sliding under slate for repairs easy without breaking adjoining slates
- The reinforced handle will withstand a beating over its lifetime
- The tool is equally useful on tile shingles and cedar shake
- A slate ripper is used to slide underneath broken pieces of slate and hook the nail that secures the slate. By hitting the handle with a hammer, the nail is pulled out, thus allowing the slate to be removed
- OAL 30 1/2”
- Blade Length 24 1/2”
Tile Roofs of Texas (verified owner) –
High quality slate ripper. Impressive level of customer service!
Amy Nix (verified owner) –
I had the best experience with John Stortz & Son. Their quick response and questions regarding my online order of 2 Slate rippers and fast turn around time meant getting this product faster then I could get it from Home Depot or another online retailer. The quality of the product is top notch!
Ray Reilly (verified owner) –
Solid tool, great quality. Excellent customer service.
Garrett Laws –
We have absolutely beaten both the model 84 and 100 rippers over the years and are thrilled with their longevity, sturdy construction and for The fact that they just work day in and day out year after year! We are buying one every time we hire a new employee.
Chris Edwards (verified owner) –
High quality tool that does its job. I wish they sold a tool belt attachment for carrying it around the roof securely!
Kevin Shortridge (verified owner) –
Solid tool will hold up for many years
Allan Parker (verified owner) –
Great tool as always from John Stortz and Sons.
Great company selling great tools with great customer service.