Stortz Slate Hammer
- The Stortz Slate Hammer is a must have tool for the professional slater
- Well balanced and weighted for precision striking and trimming of slate pieces
- Trim on back of slate to leave a professional chamfered edge look to finished pieces
- Pointed end of hammer for punching perfect nail holes
- All leather handle
- Point claw and hammer face are all heat treated to withstand tough use
- Breakdown of hammer uses and features here
- Head Face – 3/4″ x 7/8″
- Overall Length – 12 1/2″
- Weight – 26 oz
Christopher Gentile –
Best Slate hammer I feel well balanced top quality made and great design still tried and true on the roof
Francesco Luise (verified owner) –
Best Slate Hammer in the game! Lasts forever. Top quality! Only one we ever use.
Ross Bismark (verified owner) –
William Townsley –
Great balance well hardened hammer I’ve tried a few different types of slate hammer this one is by far the best good things I like about the hammer are waffle round head hardened point for putting holes slates brass pomal at bottom of handle. Bad point hammer is 2-3oz light
Steven (verified owner) –
Great hammer. Weight and balance is spot on. The head is a fair bit bigger than my other hammer but I’m getting used to it. Leather stacked handle is smooth but not laquered- which gives the perfect amount of grip right out of the box. Made in Germany to boot.
Miles Jenness, Vermont Heavy Timber llc –
This is a great hammer. I’ve had and used it for years and really like the balance, weight and design. If I ever need another slate hammer I’ll definitely get another of these.
Brett Traylor (verified owner) –
Love this hammer and appreciate the Stortz legacy of quality products.
Paul Mulligan –
Best hammer around
jason h oakes –
Ordered a wuko came on time . I’ve dealt with this company off and on for many years, never a problem. Always helpful. & top quality tools. Never any cheap made junk .